Our History

A number of Mennonite churches in the Plain City area sprang from the roots of an Amish community that was planted in our area in March of 1896. United Bethel was one of the first of these churches. It was formed in the 1940s with the help of brethren from Holmes County out of the founders’ desire to actively seek obedience to God’s word and to train their children without unnecessary separation from their culture and the modern developments in agriculture and transportation.

From our humble beginnings – worshipping in homes and a “basement church” – we now have a modern facility with seating for 500 people, but the emphasis remains on staying true to God’s Word